Tuesday, February 15, 2011

50 Books in a Year - #1

Okay, so I'm currently on book #6 so I need to get to reviewing books 1 - 5 before I forget what they were about!

Book #1 - Don't Blink by James Patterson


This was a great book that was given to me by my lovely mother-in-law for Christmas.  First off, I love James Patterson and pretty much every book I've read of his.  I do prefer the murder mystery books more so than the sappy books that he also writes but I read those as well (see book #2). 

Don't Blink is a book about a reporter, Nick, who was in a restaurant when a famed mob boss is killed at the table next to him.  Being a reporter, Nick, decides he needs to investigate this killing and the reason behind it.  He dives into a different type of life that he is used to, the mob life that is full of money, killing, drugs and gambling. 

I really enjoyed this book.  It read really fast and was very entertaining.  I didn't want to put the book down and luckily I was off work for a few days on vacation and was able to read this book in a couple of days. 

James Patterson always through in some sort of love story into his books and the love story in here was great and entertaining.  I love books where you always want to root for the good guy in the book and this was definitely one of them.

Great job Mr. Patterson.

Review: 4 out of 5 bookmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment